What is Bespoke Mobile Application Development?
Bespoke Web Application Development is essentially an application that has been built for a mobile device that has been developed to meet specific client defined requirements. Unlike off the shelf mobile applications, a bespoke mobile app is built to suit the requirements of one single client or organisation as opposed to being built to appeal to multiple clients and/or organisations.
Typical Features of Bespoke Mobile Application Development
Customised UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) -
- Specifically tailored design to align with the organisations brand identity.
- Intuitive and user focused navigation.
- Customised graphics and methods of interaction for a unique user experience.
- Individual user profiles with customisation options.
- Personalised content recommendations based on user behavior.
- Integration with external software, platforms and APIs.
- Connectivity with payment gateways, social media platforms and/or other relevant services.
Authentication and Authorisation -
- Client defined user authentication methods (e.g. credit card checks, email confirmation, biometrics).
- User based access control for different user permissions.
Offline Functionality -
- Ability to access the application offline.
- Data synchronisation when connected to Wifi or mobile data services.
Language accomodation -
- Content localisation to allow the app to support multiple languages.
Multi- Platform Code -
- Apps can be developed for deployment across multiple platforms such as iOS and Android if needed.
- Responsive design to accommodate various screen sizes and resolutions on the devices.
These features are just a snippet of what may be present in bespoke mobile applications and whilst they can provide many benefits to an organisation, a bespoke mobile application may not be practical or approproate for everyone - it is dependent on specific circumstances and weighing up the pros and cons based on that.
Here at Cool Code Company, we have developed many bespoke mobile applications over the years and our developers have done so for companies such as Bupa. If you're wondering whether a bespoke mobile application could benefit your business, get in touch today for a chat.